Mohammad,

We store our offsets in Cassandra,  and use that for tracking. This solved a
few issues for us,  as it provides a good persistence mechanism even when
you're reading from multiple clusters.

Bryan Jeffrey

Get Outlook for Android

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 7:03 PM -0500, "Mohammad Kargar" <mkar...@phemi.com>
wrote:

As explained here, direct approach of integration between spark streaming and
kafka does not update offsets in Zookeeper, hence Zookeeper-based Kafka
monitoring tools will not show progress (details).  We followed the recommended
workaround to update the zookeeper with the latest offset after each batch, but
no success. Wondering if there's any end-to-end example we can use?

Thanks,
Mohammad