For RDD the shuffle is already skipped but the sort is not. In spark-sorted
we track partitioning and sorting within partitions for key-value RDDs and
can avoid the sort. See:
https://github.com/tresata/spark-sorted

For Dataset/DataFrame such optimizations are done automatically, however
it's currently not always working for Dataset, see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/SPARK-19468