I do think this is the right way, you will have to do testing with test data
verifying that the expected output of the calculation is the output.
Even if the logical Plan Is correct your calculation might not be. E.g. There
can be bugs in Spark, in the UI or (what is very often) the client describes a
calculation, but in the end the description is wrong.