Hi there,
I have two dataframes that each have some columns which are of list type
(array<int> generated by the collect_list function actually).

I need to outer join these two dfs, however by nature of an outer join I am
sometimes left with null values. Normally I would use df.na.fill(...),
however it appears the fill function doesn't support this data type.

Can anyone recommend an alternative? I have also been playing around with
coalesce in a sql expression, but I'm not having any luck here either.

Obviously, I can do a null check on the fields downstream, however it is
not in the spirit of scala to pass around nulls, so I wanted to see if I
was missing another approach first.

Thanks,
Sumona

I am using Spark 2.0.2