Hi

I just joined a project that runs on spark-1.6.1 and I have no prior spark
experience.

The project build is quite fragile when it comes to runtime dependencies.
Often the project builds fine but after deployment we end up with
ClassNotFoundException's or NoSuchMethodError's when submitting a job.

To catch these issues early, I'm trying like to setup integrations tests
with maven. In the pre-integration phase I would like to startup a master
and a worker (using process-exec-maven-plugin in the pre-integration-test
phase).

I have managed to get it working for spark 1.6.1 (against a downloaded
spark distribution), but would prefer to be able to download all the
required jars as maven dependencies. Is there a relatively simple way to
get all the required dependencies? It is ok if its only for 2.x since we
are planning to migrate.

I would prefer to do this without docker.

Has anyone done something similar already or is there a simpler way?

Best regards Jens