What I like about Scala is that it is less ceremonial compared to Java.
Java users claim that Scala is built on Java so the error tracking is very
difficult. Also Scala sits on top of Java and that makes it virtually
depending on Java.

For me the advantage of Scala is its simplicity and compactness. I can
write a Spark streaming code in Sala pretty fast or import massive RDBMS
table into Hive and table of my design equally very fast using Scala.

I don't know may be I cannot be bothered writing 100 lines of Java for a
simple query from a table :)

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com