Hello.

Question: Do broadcast variables stored on executors count as part of
'storage memory' or other memory?

A little bit more detail:

I understand that we have two knobs to control memory allocation:
- spark.memory.fraction
- spark.memory.storageFraction

My understanding is that spark.memory.storageFraction controls the amount
of memory allocated for cached RDDs.  spark.memory.fraction controls how
much memory is allocated to Spark operations (task serialization,
operations, etc.), w/ the remainder reserved for user data structures,
Spark internal metadata, etc.  This includes the storage memory for cached
RDDs.

You end up with executor memory that looks like the following:
All memory: 0-100
Spark memory: 0-75
RDD Storage: 0-37
Other Spark: 38-75
Other Reserved: 76-100

Where do broadcast variables fall into the mix?

Regards,

Bryan Jeffrey