Hi Steve,

Thank you for your answer, much appreciated.

Reading the code seems that:

   - Python StreamingContext.getOrCreate

<https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/python/pyspark/streaming/context.py#L119>calls
   Scala StreamingContextPythonHelper().tryRecoverFromCheckpoint(
   checkpointPath)

<https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/streaming/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/streaming/StreamingContext.scala#L871>
   - tryRecoverFromCheckpoint calls CheckpointReader.read(..., new
   SparkConf(), SparkHadoopUtil.get.conf,...)
   - SparkHadoopUtil.get.conf

<https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/deploy/SparkHadoopUtil.scala#L49>
   (when not using yarn) do:
      - sparkConf = new SparkConf(false).loadFromSystemProperties(true)
      - Configuration = newConfiguration(sparkConf)

I have to admit I have not tested (read: debug) it and might not be
completely accurate  (checkpointing is not the highest priority), however I
have the feeling I can not provide those properties via code because a new
configuration gets instantiated/read from system properties and whatever I
set to the current running context is ignored (or at least this happens in
python).

What do you (or any in the list) think?

Thanks,