Hi,

I am trying to connect to spark thrift server to create an external table.
In my table DDL, I have a tbl property 'spark.sql.sources.provider' =
'parquet', but I am getting an error "Cannot persistent
 into hive metastore as table property keys may not start with 'spark.sql.':
[spark.sql.sources.provider];

However, I try to create an external table in spark-shell using
spark.catalog.createExternalTable() api. When I look at the table definition
via beeline using "show create table", I saw these tblproperties:

| TBLPROPERTIES (

|   'COLUMN_STATS_ACCURATE'='false',

|   'numFiles'='0',

|   'numRows'='-1',

|   'rawDataSize'='-1',

|   'spark.sql.sources.provider'='parquet',

|   'spark.sql.sources.schema.numParts'='1',

Can someone explain why the creating the external table via jdbc to the
spark thrift server complains about the spark.sql tbl properties?

Thanks.

Antonio.