Hi,

I'm looking for a way to make a sync commit of offsets to kafka 0.10?
commitAsync works well, but I'd like to proceed to next job only after
successful commit, a small additional latency is not an issue for my
usecase. I know I can store offsets somewhere else, but builtin kafka offset
storage looks good and easy to use. What is the correct way to do this?
I tried first approach that came up to my mind, like this:
val latch = new
commitAsync(offsetRanges, new OffsetCommitCallback() {
                @Override
                public void onComplete(Map<TopicPartition,
OffsetAndMetadata> offsets, Exception exception) {
                    latch.countDown();
                }
            });
latch.await();

but this does not work - I get very wierd effects - new data from kafka is
read with great delays.

Is there an elegant right way to do this?