For #2, do you mean “RUNNING” showing in “Driver” table? If yes, that is not a
problem, because driver does run, while there is no executor available, as can
be a status for you to catch – Driver running while no executors.
Comparing #1 and #3, my understanding of “submitted” is “the jar is submitted
to executors”. With this concept, you may define your own status.

Best Regards
Richard