Hi all,
In spark 2.2.1, when I load parquet files, it shows differently ordered
result of original dataset.
It seems like FileSourceScanExec.createNonBucketedReadRDD method sorts
parquet file splits by their own lengths.
-------------
    val splitFiles = selectedPartitions.flatMap { partition =>
      partition.files.flatMap { file =>
        val blockLocations = getBlockLocations(file)
        if (fsRelation.fileFormat.isSplitable(
            fsRelation.sparkSession, fsRelation.options, file.getPath)) {
          (0L until file.getLen by maxSplitBytes).map { offset =>
            val remaining = file.getLen - offset
            val size = if (remaining > maxSplitBytes) maxSplitBytes else
remaining
            val hosts = getBlockHosts(blockLocations, offset, size)
            PartitionedFile(
              partition.values, file.getPath.toUri.toString, offset, size,
hosts)
          }
        } else {
          val hosts = getBlockHosts(blockLocations, 0, file.getLen)
          Seq(PartitionedFile(
            partition.values, file.getPath.toUri.toString, 0, file.getLen,
hosts))
        }
      }
    }*.toArray.sortBy(_.length)(implicitly[Ordering[Long]].reverse)*
So the partitions representing the part-xxxxx.parquet files are always
shuffled when I load them.
How can I preserve the order of a original data?