Its possible that the format of your table is not compatible with your
version of hive, so Spark saved it in a way such that only Spark can read
it. When this happens it prints out a very visible warning letting you know
this has happened.

We've seen it most frequently when trying to save a parquet file with a
column in date format into a Hive table. In older versions of hive, its
parquet reader/writer did not support Date formats (among a couple others).

Nicholas Szandor Hakobian, Ph.D.
Staff Data Scientist
Rally Health
nicholas.hakob...@rallyhealth.com