We actually moved away from using the driver pod IP because of
https://github.com/apache-spark-on-k8s/spark/issues/482. The current way
this works is that the driver url is constructed based on the value of
"spark.driver.host" that is set to the DNS name of the headless driver
service in the submission client. So the assumption is that kube-dns exists
and is working. Unfortunately, this is not configurable.