Hi,

spark version - 2.0.0
spark distribution - EMR 5.0.0

Spark Cluster - one master, 5 slaves

Master node - m3.xlarge - 8 vCore, 15 GiB memory, 80 SSD GB storage
Slave node - m3.2xlarge - 16 vCore, 30 GiB memory, 160 SSD GB storage

Cluster Metrics
Apps SubmittedApps PendingApps RunningApps CompletedContainers RunningMemory
UsedMemory TotalMemory ReservedVCores UsedVCores TotalVCores ReservedActive
NodesDecommissioning NodesDecommissioned NodesLost NodesUnhealthy NodesRebooted
Nodes
16 0 1 15 5 88.88 GB 90.50 GB 22 GB 5 79 1 5
<http://localhost:8088/cluster/nodes> 0
<http://localhost:8088/cluster/nodes/decommissioning> 0
<http://localhost:8088/cluster/nodes/decommissioned> 5
<http://localhost:8088/cluster/nodes/lost> 0
<http://localhost:8088/cluster/nodes/unhealthy> 0
<http://localhost:8088/cluster/nodes/rebooted>
I have submitted job with below configuration
--num-executors 5 --executor-cores 10 --executor-memory 20g

spark.task.cpus - be default 1

My understanding is there will be 5 executore each can run 10 task at a
time and task can share total memory of 20g. Here, i could see only 5
vcores used which means 1 executor instance use 20g+10%overhead ram(22gb),
10 core(number of threads), 1 Vcore(cpu).

please correct me if my understand is wrong.

how can i utilize number of vcore in EMR effectively. Will Vcore boost
performance?

--
Selvam Raman
"லஞ்சம் தவிர்த்து நெஞ்சம் நிமிர்த்து"