Purna,

It's a bit tangental to your original question but heads up that Amazon EKS
is in Preview right now:
https://aws.amazon.com/eks/

I don't know if it actually allows a nice interface between k8s hosted
Spark & Lamda functions (my suspicion is it won't fix your problem), but
might be something worth taking a peak at, since you're already doing AWS
hosted K8s stuff.