Hi Ashwin,

This sounds like it might be a good use for Apache Arrow, if you are open
to the type of format to exchange.  As of Spark 2.3, Dataset has a method
"toArrowPayload" that will convert a Dataset of Rows to a byte array in
Arrow format, although the API is currently not public.  Your client could
consume Arrow data directly or perhaps use spark.sql ColumnarBatch to read
back as Rows.

Bryan