Hello Team,

I’m creating a dataframe out of cassandra table using datastax spark connector.
After making some modification into the dataframe, I’m trying to put that
dataframe back to the Cassandra table by overwriting the old content. For that
the piece of code is:

modifiedList.write.format("org.apache.spark.sql.cassandra")
      .options(Map( "table" -> "list", "keyspace" -> "journaling",
"confirm.truncate" -> "true"))
      .mode(Overwrite).save

It’s not showing any error and seems like working fine, but when I’m checking
the Cassandra table back, there is no content inside it. Everything is deleted.
I’m really worried about this behaviour because this may delete some useful
content (I’m sure about overwriting the content and fully understand the
consequences).

Thanks,
Abhijeet Kumar