Serga, can you explain a bit more why you want this ability?
If the node is really bad, wouldn't you want to decomission the NM entirely?
If you've got heterogenous resources, than nodelabels seem like they would
be more appropriate -- and I don't feel great about adding workarounds for
the node-label limitations into blacklisting.

I don't want to be stuck supporting a configuration with too limited a use
case.

(may be better to move discussion to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-26688 so its better archived,
I'm responding here in case you aren't watching that issue)