I am trying to integrate  spark with hive on HDInsight  spark cluster .
I copied hive-site.xml in spark/conf directory. In addition I added hive
metastore properties like jdbc connection info on Ambari as well. But still the
database and tables created using spark-sql are not visible in hive. Changed
'spark.sql.warehouse.dir' value also to point to hive warehouse directory.
Spark does work with hive not having LLAP ON. What am I missing in the
configuration to integrate spark with hive ? Any pointer will be appreciated.

thx