Dear list,

I am very new to spark, and I am having trouble installing it on my mac. I have
following questions, please give me some guidance. Thank you very much.

1. How many and what software should I install before installing spark? I have
been searching online, people discussing their experiences on this topic with
different opinions, some says there is no need to install hadoop before install
spark, some says hadoop has to be installed before spark. Some other people say
scala has to be installed, whereas others say scala is included in spark, and
it is installed automatically once spark in installed. So I am confused what to
install for a start.

2.  Is there an simple way to configure these software? for instance, an
all-in-one configuration file? It takes forever for me to configure things
before I can really use it for data analysis.

I hope my questions make sense. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

YA