FYI, I am already using QueryExecutionListener which satisfies the
requirements.

But that only works for dataframe APIs. If someone does
df.rdd().someAction(), QueryExecutionListener is never invoked. I want
something like QueryExecutionListener works in case of
df.rdd().someAction() too.
I explored SparkListener#onJobEnd, but then how to propagate some state
from DataSourceReader to SparkListener?