It won't be very efficient but you could write a python UDF using
PythonMagick - https://wiki.python.org/moin/ImageMagick

If you have PyArrow > 0.10 then you might be able to get a boost by saving
images in a column as BinaryType and writing a PandasUDF.

--

*Patrick McCarthy  *

Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineering

Dstillery

470 Park Ave South, 17th Floor, NYC 10016