+1 for Apache ORC 1.4.5 release.

Thank you for making the release.

I'd like to mention some notable changes here.
Apache ORC 1.4.5 is not a drop-in replacement for 1.4.4 because of the
following.

      ORC-498: ReaderImpl and RecordReaderImpl open separate file handles.

Applications should be updated accordingly. Otherwise, file system leakages
occur.
For example, Apache Spark 2.3.5-SNAPSHOT is currently using v1.4.4 and will
not work with v1.4.5.

In short, there is a breaking change between v1.4.4 and v1.4.5 like the
breaking change between v1.5.5 and 1.5.6.
For the required change, please refer Owen's Apache Spark upgrade patch.

      [SPARK-28208][BUILD][SQL] Upgrade to ORC 1.5.6 including closing the
ORC readers

https://github.com/apache/spark/commit/dfb0a8bb048d43f8fd1fb05b1027bd2fc7438dbc

Bests,
Dongjoon.