Hi james,

You can configure the Spark Driver to use more than a single thread. It is
something that depends on the application, but the Spark driver can take
advantage of multiple threads in many situations. For instance, when the
driver program gathers or sends data to the workers.

So yes, if you do computation or I/O on the driver side, you should explore
using multithreads and more than 1 vCPU.

Bests,
Pol Santamaria