Hello!

Maybe you can find more information on the same issue reported here:
https://jaceklaskowski.gitbooks.io/spark-structured-streaming/spark-sql-streaming-KafkaSourceProvider.html

validateGeneralOptions makes sure that group.id has not been specified and
reports an IllegalArgumentException otherwise.
+

Kafka option 'group.id' is not supported as user-specified consumer
groups are not used to track offset

https://github.com/Azure/azure-event-hubs-for-kafka/issues/35

I hope it helps, Florin