http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920047568.do has quite good information
on it.  For Kafka, you need to start with approximation that processing of
each partition is a separate task that need to be executed, so you need to
plan number of cores correspondingly.

Srinivas V  at "Thu, 16 Apr 2020 22:49:15 +0530" wrote:
 SV> Hello,
 SV> Can someone point me to a good video or document which takes about
performance tuning for structured streaming app?
 SV> I am looking especially for listening to Kafka topics say 5 topics each
with 100 portions .
 SV> Trying to figure out best cluster size and number of executors and cores
required.

--
With best wishes,                    Alex Ott
http://alexott.net/