In Spark 3.0, if you use the `with-hadoop` Spark distribution that has
embedded Hadoop 3.2, you can set
`spark.yarn.populateHadoopClasspath=false` to not populate the
cluster's hadoop classpath. In this scenario, Spark will use hadoop
3.2 client to connect to hadoop 2.6 which should work fine. In fact,
we have production deployment using this way for a while.

--
Sincerely,

DB Tsai