I think Sean is right, but in your argumentation you mention that
'functionality
is sacrificed in favour of the availability of resources'. That's where I
disagree with you but agree with Sean. That is mostly not true.

In your previous posts you also mentioned this . The only reason we
sometimes have to bail out to Scala is for performance with certain udfs