I must say.. *Spark has let me down in this case*. I am surprised an
important issue like this hasn't been fixed in Spark 2.4.

I am fighting a battle of 'Spark Structured Streaming' Vs 'Flink' at work &
now because Spark 2.4 can't handle this *I've been asked to rewrite the
code in Flink*.

Moving to Spark 3.0 is not an easy option 'cause Cloudera 6.2 doesn't have
a Spark 3.0 parcel!!!! So we can't upgrade to 3.0.

So sad. Let me ask one more time. *Is there no way to fix this in Spark
2.4?*