What happened was that you made the mysql jar file only available to the spark driver, not the executors.  Use the --jars parameter instead of driver-class-path to specify your third-party jar files, or copy the third-party jar files to the jars directory for Spark in your HDFS, and specify the path of HDFS using --archives in spark-submit.

-- ND