I think you're still asking about GCP and Dataproc, and that's really
nothing to do with Spark itself.
Whatever issues you are having concern Dataproc and how it's run and
possibly customizations in Dataproc.
3.1.1-RC2 is not a release, but, also nothing meaningfully changed between
it and the final 3.1.1 release. There is no need for any change to work
with 3.1.1.