This is just a query.

In general Kafka-connect requires means to register that schema such that
producers and consumers understand that. It also allows schema evolution,
i.e. changes to metadata that identifies the structure of data sent via
topic.

When we stream a kafka topic into (Spark Structured Streaming (SSS), the
assumption is that by the time Spark processes that data, its structure
can be established. With foreachBatch, we create a dataframe on top of
incoming batches of Json messages and the dataframe can be interrogated.
However, the processing may fail if another column is added to the topic
and the consumer (in this case SSS) is not aware of it. How can this change
of schema be verified?

Thanks

LinkedIn *

such loss, damage or destruction.