Hi!

I would check out the Spark source then diff those two RCs (first just take
look to the list of the changed files):

$ git diff v3.1.1-rc1..v3.1.1-rc2 --stat

The shell scripts in the release can be checked very easily:

$ git diff v3.1.1-rc1..v3.1.1-rc2 --stat | grep ".sh "
 bin/docker-image-tool.sh                           |   6 +-
 dev/create-release/release-build.sh                |   2 +-

We are lucky as *docker-image-tool.sh* is part of the released version.
Is it from v3.1.1-rc2 or v3.1.1-rc1?

Of course this only works if docker-image-tool.sh is not changed from
the v3.1.1-rc2 back to v3.1.1-rc1.
So let's continue with the python (and latter with R) files:

$ git diff v3.1.1-rc1..v3.1.1-rc2 --stat | grep ".py "
 python/pyspark/sql/avro/functions.py               |   4 +-
 python/pyspark/sql/dataframe.py                    |   1 +
 python/pyspark/sql/functions.py                    | 285 +++++------
 .../pyspark/sql/tests/test_pandas_cogrouped_map.py |  12 +
 python/pyspark/sql/tests/test_pandas_map.py        |   8 +

After you have enough proof you can stop (to decide what is enough here
should be decided by you).
Finally you can use javap / scalap on the classes from the jars and check
some code changes which is more harder to be analyzed than a simple text
file.

Best Regards,
Attila