You could comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-35550
which covered the updated to Jackson 2.12.3. If there's a decent case for
backporting and it doesn't have major compatibility issues, we can do it.

Then if you have time, try back-porting the patch to branch-3.1 and run
tests. (Or just open the pull request against branch-3.1 and let tests
figure it out). If it passes that's pretty good evidence it's OK.
Or get as far as you can on that and I/we can help backport.

Here were previous comments on compatibility:
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/32688

3.2 will be Scala 2.12 and possibly experimentally 2.13, but not Scala 2.13
only.