Of course if I give 64G of ram to each executor they will work. But what’s the
point? Collecting results in the driver should cause a high RAM usage in the
driver and that’s what is happening in collect() case. In the case where
pyarrow serialization is enabled all the data is being collected on a single
executor, which is clearly a wrong way to collect the result on the driver.

I guess I’ll open an issue about it in Spark Jira. It clearly looks like a bug.