Question: Spark use log4j 1.2.17, if my application jar contains log4j 2.x and
gets submitted to the Spark cluster.  Which version of log4j gets actually used
during the Spark session?
________________________________
From: Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 8:25 AM
To: Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Cc: Pralabh Kumar <pralabhku...@gmail.com>; dev <d...@spark.apache.org>;
user.spark <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Log4j 1.2.17 spark CVE

This has come up several times over years - search JIRA. The very short summary
is: Spark does not use log4j 1.x, but its dependencies do, and that's the issue.
Anyone that can successfully complete the surgery at this point is welcome to,
but I failed ~2 years ago.

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 10:02 AM Jörn Franke