So you have a classic architecture with spark receiving events through a
kafka topic via kafka-spark-connector, do something with it and send data
out to the consumer. Are you using Spark structured streaming here with
batch streaming? check

https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/structured-streaming-programming-guide.html#structured-streaming-programming-guide

HTH

   view my Linkedin profile