Sorry I missed the original channel, added it back.

-----

I have less knowledge about dbt. If it supports Hive, it should support Kyuubi.
Basically, Kyuubi is gateway between your client(e.g. beeline, hive
jdbc client) and compute engine(e.g. Spark, Flink, Trino), I think the
most valuable things are:
1) Kyuubi reuses the Hive Thrift Protocol, it say you can treat Kyuubi
as a HiveServer2, and continue use beeline, hive jdbc driver to
connect Kyuubi to run SQL(in your compute engine dialect). Ideally, if
a tool claims it supports Hive, then it supports Kyuubi.
2) Kyuubi manages the compute engine lifecycle and share level, makes
a good trade-off between isolation and resource consumption.[1]

PS: Kyuubi's support for Spark is very mature, you can find lots of
production use cases here[2]. The support for Flink & Trino is in beta
phase.

[1] https://kyuubi.apache.org/docs/latest/deployment/engine_share_level.html
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/discussions/925

Thanks,
Cheng Pan

-------

Thanks, I'll check it out.
I have a use case where we want to use dbt as data middling tool .
Will it take dbt queries and create the resulting model ?
I see it supports Trino , so I am guessing yes .

I will love to contribute to it as well.

Thanks
Deepak

-------

Spark SQL can indeed take over your Hive workloads, and if you're
looking for an open source solution, Apache Kyuubi(Incubating)[1]
might help.

[1] https://kyuubi.apache.org/

Thanks,
Cheng Pan