Thanks

Can you please confirm when that work was being carried out if you recall?

I opened the same question in Google Cloud Dataproc Discussions <
cloud-dataproc-disc...@googlegroups.com>, see someone will have a better
answer
Also there is another feature called Dataproc on GKE which currently
supports spark 2.4 and spark 3.1, Dataproc on GKE
<https://cloud.google.com/dataproc/docs/guides/dpgke/dataproc-gke-overview>
deploys
Dataproc virtual clusters on a GKE cluster. Unlike Dataproc on Compute
Engine clusters
<https://cloud.google.com/dataproc/docs/guides/create-cluster>, Dataproc on
GKE virtual clusters do not include separate master and worker VMs.
Instead, when you create a Dataproc on GKE virtual cluster, Dataproc on GKE
creates node pools within a GKE cluster. Dataproc on GKE jobs are run as
pods on these node pools. The node pools and scheduling of pods on the node
pools are managed by GKE.

I guess all these features are added to enable those customers that cannot
migrate from Dataproc run on compute engines to GKEs to benefit from the
look and feel of GKE.

   view my Linkedin profile

 https://en.everybodywiki.com/Mich_Talebzadeh

such loss, damage or destruction.