I have a resultset (defined in SQL), and I want to insert it into my JDBC
database using only SQL, not dataframes API.

If the table existed, I would create a table using JDBC in spark SQL and
then insert into it, but I can't create a table if it doesn't exist in JDBC
database.

How to do that using pure SQL (no python/scala/java)?

I am trying to use INSERT OVERWRITE DIRECTORY with JDBC file format
(according to the documentation) but as expected this functionality is
available only for File-based storage systems.

--
RGRDZ Harut