For Apache Spark a stand-alone worker can manage all the resources of the
box, including all GPUs. So a spark worker could be set up to manage N gpus
in the box via *spark.worker.resource.gpu.amount,* and then
*spark.executor.resource.gpu.amount, *as provided by on app submit, assigns
GPU resources to executors as they come up. Here is a getting started guide
for spark-rapids but I am not sure if that's what you are looking to use.
Either way, it may help with the resource setup:
https://nvidia.github.io/spark-rapids/docs/get-started/getting-started-on-prem.html#spark-standalone-cluster
.

Not every node in the cluster needs to have GPUs. You could request 0 GPUs
for an app (default value of spark.executor.resource.gpu.amount), and the
executors will not require this resource.

If you are using a yarn/k8s cluster there are other configs to pay
attention to. If you need help with those let us know.