Hi,
In k8s the driver is responsible for executor creation. The likelihood of
your problem is that Insufficient memory allocated for executors in the K8s
cluster. Even with dynamic allocation, k8s won't  schedule executor pods if
there is not enough free memory to fulfill their resource requests.

My suggestions

   - Increase Executor Memory: Allocate more memory per executor (e.g., 2GB
   or 3GB) to allow for multiple executors within available cluster memory.
   - Adjust Driver Pod Resources: Ensure the driver pod has enough memory
   to run Spark and manage executors.
   - Optimize Resource Management: Explore on-demand allocation or
   adjusting allocation granularity for better resource utilization. For
   example look at documents for Executor On-Demand Allocation
   (spark.executor.cores=0): and spark.dynamicAllocation.minExecutors &
   spark.dynamicAllocation.maxExecutors

HTH

Mich Talebzadeh,
Technologist | Architect | Data Engineer  | Generative AI | FinCrime
London
United Kingdom

   view my Linkedin profile

 https://en.everybodywiki.com/Mich_Talebzadeh

*Disclaimer:* The information provided is correct to the best of my
knowledge but of course cannot be guaranteed . It is essential to note
that, as with any advice, quote "one test result is worth one-thousand
expert opinions (Werner  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun>Von
Braun <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun>)".