I do not think the issue is with DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW only, but also with
CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW, because neither is supported in Spark. I guess
you must have created the view from Hive and are trying to drop it from
Spark and that is why you are running to the issue with DROP first.

There is some work in the Iceberg community to add the support to Spark
through SQL extensions, and Iceberg support for views and
materialization tables. Some recent discussions can be found here [1] along
with a WIP Iceberg-Spark PR.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/rotmqzmwk5jrcsyxhzjhrvcjs5v3yjcc

Thanks,
Walaa.