From: Matei Zaharia [mailto:matei.zaha...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:35 AM
To: user@spark.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: spark-0.8.0 and hadoop-2.1.0-beta

I'm curious, Viren, do you have a patch you could post to build this against
YARN 2.1 / 2.2? It would be nice to see how big the changes are.

Matei

On Sep 30, 2013, at 10:14 AM, viren kumar <vire...@gmail.com> wrote:

I was able to get Spark 0.8.0 to compile with Hadoop/Yarn 2.1.0-beta, by
following some of the changes described here:
http://hortonworks.com/blog/stabilizing-yarn-apis-for-apache-hadoop-2-beta-and-beyond/
That should help you build most of it. One change not covered there is the
change from ProtoUtils.convertFromProtoFormat(containerToken, cmAddress) to
ConverterUtils.convertFromYarn(containerToken, cmAddress).
Not 100% sure that my changes are correct.
Hope that helps,
Viren