Great, I will use mapPartitions instead.
Thanks for the advice,

Yadid

On 11/17/13 8:13 PM, Aaron Davidson wrote:
Also, in general, you can workaround shortcomings in the Java API by converting to a Scala RDD (using JavaRDD's rdd() method). The API tends to be much clunkier since you have to jump through some hoops to talk to a Scala API in Java, though. In this case, JavaRDD's mapPartition() method will likely be the cleanest solution as Patrick said.