From: Azuryy Yu [mailto:azury...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:16 AM
To: user@spark.incubator.apache.org
Subject: About spark.driver.host

Hi,

I am using spark-0,8,1, and what's the meaning of spark.driver.host? I ran
SparkPi failed.(either yarn-standalone or yarn-client)

It was 'Hostname or IP address for the driver to listen on.' in the document.
but what host the Driver will listen on? the RM on the yarn? if yes, I
configured spark.driver.host in the spark-env.sh as resource manager host and
port:
export SPARK_DAEMON_JAVA_OPTS="-Dspark.driver.host=10.2.8.1
-Dspark.driver.port=8032"

but it doesn't work. I find in the log:
WARN yarn.ApplicationMaster: Failed to connect to driver at null:null, retrying

Even if I added these two system env variables to the JAVA_OPTS in the
bin/spark-class, it also doen't work, please help.

Any inputs are appreciated.