You should make a clone of this project:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-storm/tree/master/external/storm-kafka

and do “mvn install”, I suposse you use kafka 0.8.+

and then you do this:

SpoutConfig spoutConfig = new SpoutConfig();

    spoutConfig.zkServers = “localhost”; //zookeeper Host
    spoutConfig.zkPort = 2181;         //zookeeper port
    spoutConfig.zkRoot = “/kafkaStorm/“;  // zookeeper path
    spoutConfig.id = “storm”;             // zookeeper id

// This config is a example!!

KafkaSpout spout = new KafkaSpout(spoutConfig);