I too was surprised that I don't have to specify what to inject. In fact, I
didn't like it but came to live with it. I would prefer that only things
with @Inject be annotated, but Struts 2 was created well before CDI and JEE
6 annotations. I think perhaps the mythical Struts 3 can tidy things up.
But if you got little incremental improvements for the 2.x line, by all
means, suggest what could be improved upon. :-)

--
Cheers,
Paul