I think it is a great place for plugin ;-)

You can use interceptor with connected interface as e.g.
ServletConfigInterceptor and RequestAware - interceptor will read the
config files and then it will apply them to actions implementing given
interface. You can have many interfaces to distinguish different
config types.

You can also use annotation instead of interfaces and scan for them
using AnnotationUtils or some other tool.